Friday, September 25, 2009

How to ruin a relationship

I'm currently in a relationship for a year and a half now, and I'm ruining it.

When I started to learn about the right attitude and mindset of the seducer, I've attracted this girl and made her my girlfriend. Sadly, I've done the typical mistake of the newbie: once in a relationship, and the boat is going happily on the river, I've pulled my oars out of the water and stopped doing the things that attracted her to me in the first place. "I'm in a relationship now, I don't need to work at it anymore". I was DEAD WRONG. As you can imagine, this is not the most exciting and useful thing you can do in a relationship...

It was all happiness and the shining light of love over us, it was like our love was immortal and sure like the taxes and the death... then once I stopped doing the right things, she turned a little away, and I become insecure and needy. I tried to control it at first, but as I've already written, trying to control negative emotions is not good.

I went in a downward spiral of attitude, and all I've experienced (filtered by my crappy beliefs) and done since the beginning contributed to worsen the situation.

Now I'm trying to recover from this. How? This is what I'll try to do everyday:
  • Meditate. Meditation is a technique to train your focus and attention.
  • CBT. Cognitive-Behavioural Therapy. To break my old patterns of thought, install more positive beliefs and learn to deal effectively with my emotions.
  • Affirmations. They are useful? I don't know, but I'll experiment with them.
This will be my daily routine. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment