Tuesday, April 20, 2010

How to overcome a breakup

I feel like the world is my hunting reserve. I look around me and I see beautiful woman everywhere. I imagine and feel that I can have at least some of them.

How I survived my breakup? There are several factors:
  • The relationship was already stale for several months.
  • I wasn't happy with her anymore because she was more and more distant.
  • She repeatedly mistreated me.
  • I deliberately chose to look around me and really see the beautiful girls around me. It worked quite well.
Now my mindset is: I'm fine, I appreciate beauty and I am curious to to meet new women and find out which one of them is a good catch for me. I refused to surrend to pessimism -despite having some quite negative friends in my social circle- and seeked the positive. Because you will find and see only what is already in your eyes.

So, after my experience with this breakup here is my recipe to overcome a breakup:
  • Give yourself some time to really cope with this. Don't deny what's happened, accept it and move on. Pick a calendar and give yourself, for example, one week. Consider this a vacation from her and girls in general. Feel free to think about her and to cry alone in the night under the rain, whatever. But after this "mourning", WAKE UP!!
  • During the "mourning" you probably will be a little depressed and you will feel a failure. Don't beat up yourself, it's completely normal. Yes, it's over, but 99% of the times it's NOT only your fault. A relationship is a dynamic between TWO people, not one.
  • Become a YES man. Seek the support of your friends and relatives, and go out with them every time they invite you -and they will, I assure you, if you tell them what are you going through-. Even if more than likely you won't feel like going out. But this will help you a lot, believe me! Only be sure not to whine all night, and instead try to be in the moment and NOT think about the breakup. This will feel hard and unnatural at first, but keep trying. It'll be more than worth it!
  • Look around you and really see and appreciate the fantastic girls all around you. They are more than likely much better and much more compatible with you than your ex-girlfriend. And you can have them.
PS: This is a post that I've written in a rush of inspiration and introspection. I've decided to post it nearly unedited instead of seeking perfection. Adjustments and refinements (of my skills and knowledge) will follow day after day. I'm back, and I want to rock!

No comments:

Post a Comment