Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Daygame: Waitress Approached!

I had two approaches in mind for today: a new cute and a bit shy waitress in a local restaurant in which I and my colleagues usually go for lunch (we'll call her HBWaitress) and a gorgeous girl that I regularly see at my bus stop (she'll be HBBus).


My problem was precisely opening: I didn't know what to do to open a conversation. I've noticed that when a good situation for an approach presents itself, my mind goes literarly blank. Not good. Mix this with the wealth of information (sometimes contradicting) out there on approaching and daygame, and you have a completely clueless guy standing like an idiot trying to find his way through his anxiety and confusion...


So I sit down and really used MY brain to find a way to approach them. I read one very good article on daygame that really "clicked" for me, planned how to open both HBWaitress and HBBus, how to follow up and how to close, and I was well on my way to success. And it was a success.


I only managed to approach HBWaitress. BTW, it was logistically HARD. She is a new waitress without experience, all running around a crowded bar trying her best to serve everyone. Still, I managed to open her just before leaving. It was a flash interaction (no more that a minute), but now at least I know her name (and she knows mine). Nice! Having something to say ready was a huge help for me: I've been able to concentrate on my body language and tonality, that usually is still not that good. Especially during an approach.


Now I'll continue along this road. For the next days I'll interact with her in a very laid back way, injecting a good amount of teasing and playfulness. Maybe next week I'll suggest a date for a real interaction. And at the same time, I'll not put all my eggs in one basket: I'll keep my eyes open :)


Key Lessons



  • Your brain is your primary asset: USE IT. When you feel confused and don't know what to do, don't read too much: just a little bit. Then apply your good sense and your intelligence.

  • Having something prepared to say is a HUGE advantage if you go blank just before the approach.

  • Mindset: you are fascinated by her. Genuinely and freely express your interest, making compliments, to find out if she is compatible and the two of you can "click". Do it with a relaxed, confident and laid back attitude.

  • Don't force the logistics, work with them!


PS-- The usual disclaiment still apply: english is not my mother language and for now I prefer to just write. If I stop to edit, re-edit and refine my posts I'd end up not writing anything. And for now, writing horrible posts is still better than writing nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment